A special thanks goes to Queenly Tan for nominating me for the Liebster Award. The comment she left on this post completely made my day :). Thanks for the blog love Miss Queenly Tan! So now it is my turn to wave the magic wand and throw some fairy dust on 11 bloggers so here goes…
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Awards origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 500 or less followers. "Liebster" is German for "favorite", so this is kind of like the "favorite blog award". It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you've got there. Here's an award!" You can't just accept the award. You have to play by the ever changing rules and pay it forward. Then you can put the award on your blog to see.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Ask new 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 500 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
11 Facts About Myself:
1. I have five brothers (we all have the same mom and dad) and am the only girl. Can you say SPOILED?
2. I LOVE milk. I drink it with pizza, mexican food, spicy things, and everything in between. My Xanga (anyone remember that social platform?) had a banner that read "I love milk".
3. I despised college. Even more than that I despised the people who live in the past and claimed "It's the best time of your life" and "life is all downhill after college". What kind of person claims you've peaked in life before your 25th birthday? I'm gonna rock my career and the rest of my life.
4. I have ADD and ADHD which is one hefty reason why college and I were not friends. It makes for interesting life situations :)
5. As a teen/youngster I never wanted to get married and didn't care much for the idea. Guess what? I am married to a freaking amazing man who pushes me to be the best I can be. You can bet my perspective on marriage has changed.
6. I studied abroad for a semester in London, England. I still feel like I left my heart over there. NYC is an excellent band aid though.
7. Nearly every morning I lived in London I cried because I had never experienced so much gratefulness in my heart. My heart burst in a way that I can't explain. I still thank God all the time for that life changing time.
8. I get confused with left and right and east and west. I still try to shake hands with people using my left quite innocently believing it to be my right hand. I am full blown lefty so I blame the misunderstanding on that :P
9. My favorite films usually involve war or violence. I generally dislike romantic comedies.
10. I have been complimented on my firm handshake by several men in random situations.
11. I think sports are boring to watch. Mention the Razorbacks and I'll probably start snoring.
11 Random Questions from Queenly Tan:
1. What do you want to be 5 years from now? A full time, professional, freelance makeup artist with a prominent reputation.
2. What's your fashion obsession? (Is it bag?shoes?etc.) Blazers and jackets. I will never stop growing my collection of them.
3. Favorite color? Midnight blue
4. Something you cannot live without? Mascara. I'm a light lashed lassie.
5. Best childhood memory? Any involving mine and my brother's many fort building experiences. Fort Knox was a monster.
6. Other hobbies aside from blogging? Painting! And exploring my city.
7. Straight or curly hair? I love both. Mine is straight but as my moods change I try to make my hair follow suit. Lately it's pompadour, top heavy styles.
8. Ideal man, if any? My husband :)) Witty, skinny, stylish, with a head for business and investing.
9. Describe your personal style. It depends on which alter ego I am living out that day. Gypsy rockstar. British equestrian. Sidewalk model (NOT to be confused with street walker), a painting come to life. There are so many of us.
10. Do you believe in 'first impression lasts'? Absolutely. That's one thing that keeps us stylists in business.
11. Motto in life? <Slaps face> "You can't be perfect, Mollie. It's a great learning experience to mess up".
And the Winners Are:
4. Style of Sam
10. Lizz Aubrey
11. The Fluff Report
11 Questions for my blogger choices:
1. What has been your most exhilarating life experience so far?
2. Do you try a trend just to try, or because you really like it?
3. What's your biggest career dream/goal?
4. How much in advance do you plan an outfit?
5. What do you do to get inspiration for a post when you don't know what to write about?
6. Who influences your style?
7. What did you wear when younger that mortifies you now?
8. Are you right-brained or left-brained?
9. What possession would you never agree to share?
10. What do you love most about your physical appearance?
11. What is the best thing that could happen if you took a risk and succeeded?
Can't wait to read your answers, ladies!