Portfolio

Monday, October 24, 2011

DIY lampshade decoupage

Again, I've been in a crafting mood so the next victim of this fit was the lampshade. Poor thing. He was naked so I used my skills so give clothe him and therefore, show him kindness. AND now others shades cannot poke fun at him. I've done society a service. Here's the scene of action:


Step 1. Find a plain lamp shade.






Step 2. Take mod podge and a paint brush, and plaster it all over the shade.
Then strategically place sheet music over the shade. I chose to angle them
so that it didn't seem perfect. I like the jaunty angles that say "I'm laid back but
still care about my appearance."

Step 3. This is the finished product!






































I like crafting! Especially when it spruces up the apartment. My roommates and I have deemed the place the "Etsy Apartment" because it's so eclectic and creatively decorated. It's very homey. I'll make a post about it in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. "I'm laid back but
    still care about my appearance."
    OMG. this is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you think so because I giggled while I typed it :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment at your own risk. Kidding! I love hearing from readers. Comment away!