Portfolio

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Trend Favorites

Trends come and go, some worth the effort and some just don't fit my style or are plain dreadful. But then some come around and it's like HELLO you were made for me. Here are a few that I am obsessed with:


style of your own blog, tulip louise, river island ear cuff, snake ear cuff

My fascination with this unique ear piece came when I spotted Anna of Tulip Louise sporting this uber sweet cuff. Ever since I have been scouting places for one (at least) so I can join in the fun.

 style of your own blog, trends, capes, Burberry cape, coat cape

Haider Ackermann and Victor and Rolf [seen here] among others ushered capes as 'in' for fall but I blame my mother for my obsession. She always wanted to live in a time period where capes were a daily staple (think Elinor and Marianne Dashwood). She would sew them for me and my favorite was Samantha Parkington's winter cape coat she copied all on her own. Thanks mom!

Pantone 2013 color of the year, Emerald Green, style of your own blog, make up forever eye cream, emerald clutch, modcloth emerald dress, emerald green trend. Pantone
Isn't Pantone wonderful? I think they secretly pick my brain while I am sleeping and find out my favorite colors and say "VIOLA this is our new color!". Seriously. They pick all my favorites. 

And what red head doesn't love emerald? It's our best color friend! All that to say Pantone named Emerald Green as the 2013 Color of the Year. Zara already has a wonderful line of clothes in dark Emerald shades and I've been eying them so WHAT'S STOPPING ME NOW? 

style of your own blog, trends, jil sander beanie, anna dello russo, honestly wtf beanie diy,
Since my 16 years of age I claimed I single-handedly would make hats a fashionable statement all over again. With my ever growing confidence in the matter and my hat collection filling our bedroom to the brim (Pun intended? Yeah maybe), I must be doing a swell job. 

Jil Sander's models strutted the Spring 2012 catwalk with a Stephen Jones designed veiled beanie and now they're popping up everywhere. I'll probably make one as it's easier on my wallet but aren't they sweetastic? I love the modern beanie with the timeless 40's feel added by the netting. Stephen Jones is a whiz.   

There you are, my favorite trends for the time being. What are your thoughts on them? Love or hate one? Impartial? I'd love to hear other's opinions!

Mollie


1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely obsessed with large intricate earrings, i love the photo of the snake one!

    -Eden

    http://flashframephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment at your own risk. Kidding! I love hearing from readers. Comment away!